The Deep End of the Sea - Heather Lyons

~BOOK BLURB~

The Deep End of the Sea

Heather Lyons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if all the legends you’ve learned were wrong?

Brutally attacked by one god and unfairly cursed by another she faithfully served, Medusa has spent the last two thousand years living out her punishment on an enchanted isle in the Aegean Sea. A far cry from the monster legends depict, she’s spent her time educating herself, gardening, and desperately trying to frighten away adventure seekers who occasionally end up, much to her dismay, as statues when they manage to catch her off guard. As time marches on without her, Medusa wishes for nothing more than to be given a second chance at a life stolen away at far too young an age.

But then comes a day when Hermes, one of the few friends she still has and the only deity she trusts, petitions the rest of the gods and goddesses to reverse the curse. Thus begins a journey toward healing and redemption, of reclaiming a life after tragedy, and of just how powerful friendship and love can be—because sometimes, you have to sink in the deep end of the sea before you can rise back up again.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather Lyons is one of my favorite Authors, because of her series The Collectors Society.  If you haven't tried this series yet then you should.

I'm not mythology junkie, so I went into this knowing what the average person knows about Greek Mythology.  Which are only the basics.  With that being said…I thought this a deftly done and modern take on Medusa and the Greek Gods, one that I rather enjoyed reading.  The romance was sometimes on the bland side, but for those haters of insta-love, this could be just what they are looking for.  My only qualm was I really wanted more intensity throughout the story instead of only at the very end.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4.3/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4.5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.5/5

Originality~ 4.5/5

Ending~ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

Book Cover~ It's okay