Every Single Secret - Clara Emily Carpenter

~BOOK BLURB~

Every Single Secret

Emily Carpenter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emotionally guarded Daphne Amos always believed she’d found a kindred spirit in her fiancé, Heath. Both very private people, they’ve kept their pasts hidden from the world, and each other, until Heath’s escalating nightmares begin to put an undeniable strain on their relationship. Determined to give their impending marriage the best chance of succeeding, Heath insists that Daphne join him on a seven-day retreat with Dr. Matthew Cerny, a psychologist celebrated for getting to the root of repressed memories. Daphne reluctantly agrees—even though the past is the last place she wants to go.

The retreat’s isolated and forbidding location increases her unease, as do the doctor’s rules: they must relinquish their keys and phones, they’ll be monitored at all hours by hidden cameras, and they’re never to socialize with the other guests.

One sleepless night, Daphne decides to leave her room…and only then does she realize that the institute is not at all what it seems—and that whatever’s crying out from Heath’s past isn’t meant to be heard. It’s meant to be silenced.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have read one other book by this Author, The Weight of Lies and I really liked it.  Every Single Secret is a fairly intense read throughout, it did lag a little in the middle.  The tension builds nicely and the ending had it's good and bad points…but the one thing this did do was pull me out of my reading listening slump that I was in with most of the audiobooks that I've listened too lately.  I haven't been able to stay in the story, my mind would wander elsewhere.  But I didn't have that issue here, I was hooked and I had no problems staying "in" the story.  So thank you, Emily Carpenter

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.5/5

Originality~ 4/5

Ending~ 4/5 Cliffhanger~ Mostly no…

Book Cover~ Awesome!

Narration~ 4.5 by Kate Orsini was very well done.

Setting~ Georgia

Source~ Audiobook (KU Read & Listen)