Sometimes I Lie - Alice Feeney

Sometimes I Lie

Alice Feeney

My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:

1. I’m in a coma.
  2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore.
  3. Sometimes I lie.

Amber wakes up in a hospital. She can’t move. She can’t speak. She can’t open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they have no idea. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone out there who has read this can please answer a few questions about this…PLEASE let me know because I don't understand how this all plays out…she lost me somewhere along the line.  I might raise my rating if I could just figure out the twists.

Sometimes I Lie is a twisty, diabolical read…and I was totally into it.  Somewhere towards the last third, I started getting a little confused and by the end, I was like…wait a minute…what the what?  After thinking for the next hour or so upon finishing, I felt like I needed to re-listen to parts of it…but unfortunately, I had already deleted it, which also returns it to the library.  So, here I am…feeling lost.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Backdrop (World Building)~ 3/5

Originality~ 3/5

Ending~ 3/5

Book Cover~ It's okay

Narration~☆4☆ for Stephanie Racine...not too bad.

Setting~ England