In Her Skin - Kim Savage

~BOOK BLURB~

In Her Skin

Kim Savage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sixteen-year-old con artist Jo Chastain is about to take on the biggest scam of her life: impersonating a missing girl. Life on the streets of Boston these past few years hasn’t been easy, and Jo is hoping to cash in on a little safety, a little security. She finds her opportunity in the Lovecraft's, a wealthy family with ties to the unsolved disappearance of Vivienne Weir, who vanished when she was nine.

When Jo takes on Vivi's identity and stages the girl’s miraculous return, the Lovecraft's welcome her back with open arms. They give her everything she could want: love, money, and proximity to their intoxicating and unpredictable daughter, Temple. But nothing is as it seems in the Lovecraft household—and some secrets refuse to stay buried. As hidden crimes come to the surface, and lines of deception begin to blur, Jo must choose to either hold onto an illusion of safety or escape the danger around her before it’s too late.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was really weird, it had this vibe to it…that felt very un-YA, and really rather risqué.  I feel like I both disliked and liked it…well, sorta liked it.  The premise of the con didn't seem to be believable…but as the story plays out, it becomes more believable and twisted…fairly f*cking twisted.  I flew through this, thanks to the narration.  Despite listening to the last hour of the book two times, I still feel like that ending left me confused, maybe something was missing or maybe it was just me.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Backdrop (World Building)~ 2.5/5

Originality~ 3/5

Ending~ 2.5/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's eye-catching…

Narration~ 4 for Sandy Rustin…she wasn't too bad, actually.

Setting~ Boston