Folsom - Willow Aster, Tarryn Fisher

~BOOK BLURB~

Folsom

Tarryn Fisher & Willow Aster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nation as we know it is a thing of the past. With the male species on the verge of extinction, a society called the End Men is formed to save the world. Folsom Donahue is one of twelve men whose sole purpose is to repopulate the Regions. The endless days spent having sex with strangers leaves Folsom with an emptiness no amount of women, money, or status can fill.

Until Gwen.

Gwen has wanted a child for as long as she can remember, but when she finally gets a chance to have her own, she uncovers a long-hidden truth. The injustice she sees moves her to help save the men whom no one else believes need saving.

A forbidden love, grown in a time of despair, ignites a revolution. Folsom and Gwen, torn between their love for each other and their sense of duty, must make a choice. But some will stop at nothing to destroy them.

Folsom is book one of the End of Men series.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was very intrigued by the premise of this and at first, I was totally into it, I even found myself telling my husband about it (and he actually listened).  It felt different, edgy and made you think.

Then about the halfway mark…it fell apart for me, it just felt so rushed, like frantic.  I was clenching my teeth while I read it, even…and then there was that ending.  I'm not upset that it had a cliffhanger, either…only how it played out.  Ultimately, the world Fisher and Aster created just sort of felt too crazy and too sad for me.  Despite that, I think I will read the next book, Jackal.  Probably soon, since my super cheap 3 months of KU is almost done.  I have to know how this ends, at least I think I do...

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 3/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 2.7/5

Backdrop (World Building)~4/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 3/5 Cliffhanger~ YES!!!

Book Cover~ Hot guy…

Series~ End of Men #1

Setting~ Red Region

Source~ Kindle eBook (KU)