Crossed (Soul Eater) (Volume 3) by Eliza Crewe (2015-08-13) - Eliza Crewe

~BOOK BLURB~

Crossed

Eliza Crewe

War is here.

Full-scale war has erupted between the Crusaders and demons and even Chi has to admit isn’t going well. Like any sensible rat, Meda’s eager to abandon the sinking ship but, unfortunately, her friends aren't nearly as pragmatic. Instead, Meda’s forced to try to keep them all alive until the dust settles.

As the Crusaders take more and more drastic measures, the tables turn and Meda suddenly finds herself in the role of voice of sanity. No one is more horrified than she is. When old enemies reappear as new allies and old friends become new enemies Meda has to decide—again—whose side she’s really on.

And then the Crusaders decide that Meda should go to Hell. Literally.

Can’t a monster ever catch a break?

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A completely spoiler free review for all three books in the series.  I have a couple of questions for Eliza Crewe…

• The first one…was your proofreader so into this story, that they ended up missing a ton of typos because there were so many?  They kept taking me out of the story…so annoying.  Ugh.  I don't remember the first two books being this badly in need of proofreading.  Anyway, other than getting a tad preachy, this is my only complaint about this book.

• The second question…how come you've never written anything else besides this series???

This series despite those typos is exceptional.  It's not only darkly imaginative, it also has one of the best heroines ever.  Meda's so unapologetically snarky, and she does so without making my eye's roll…which I've found, lately, can be difficult to do.  The rest of the characters round out this ensemble quite nicely.  And the interesting dynamics going on this edition of The Soul Eaters Series made this to be a splendid finale.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.8/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4.8/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's not quite as awesome as the first two covers in this series…but it'll do.

Series~ Soul Eaters #3 Overall Rating for the series 5 Stars because it's so worthwhile.

Setting~ Maine and Hell