Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion

~BOOK BLURB~

Warm Bodies

Isaac Marion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R is having a no-life crisis—he is a zombie. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he is a little different from his fellow Dead. He may occasionally eat people, but he’d rather be riding abandoned airport escalators, listening to Sinatra in the cozy 747 he calls home or collecting souvenirs from the ruins of civilization.

And then he meets a girl.

First as his captive, then his reluctant guest, Julie is a blast of living color in R’s gray landscape, and something inside him begins to bloom. He doesn't want to eat this girl—although she looks delicious—he wants to protect her. But their unlikely bond will cause ripples they can’t imagine, and their hopeless world won’t change without a fight.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A mild, in terms of violence, take on zombies…which is the perfect kind of Zombie story for me, because the violent, run-for-your-life kind give me nightmares.

R is oddly likable and Julie is endearing.  The narrator gave this an air of calm and collectiveness.  The ending gave some hope, which is something that most zombie books don't really have an abundance of, maybe that's why I usually can't connect.  All in all, an excellent addition to this genre…and...there is a second book, I think a third is in the making.  Also…now I can watch the movie.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4.2/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4.7/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger~ Not really, but there is a second book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ Movie Edition Cover…meh…I like the other one better.

Narration~ Kevin Kenerly

Series~ Warm Bodies #1

Setting~ I'm not really sure…an Airport and a Stadium???

Source~ Audiobook (Library)