Jackal - Willow Aster, Tarryn Fisher

~BOOK BLURB~

Jackal

Tarryn Fisher & Willow Aster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal Emerson has never taken himself seriously. Dubbed the “orgy king,” he’s renowned for his reputation as the wild End Man. But with the uprising on the horizon and his best friend missing, Jackal is having a hard time living the same carefree existence.

And then he meets a thief and everything changes.

Phoenix Moyo, principal dancer of a notorious ballet company, lives a life of rigidity. When her world collides with Jackal’s, their chemistry is evident to everyone except her. Forced to work with him to steal the most precious commodity of the Regions, she realizes too late that there is no escaping Jackal’s charisma.

When unimaginable crimes come to light, the Regions begin to crumble. No one is safe. Families divide and secrets are exposed, danger running rampant on every side. For some, sacrifice costs everything.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not going to lie I'm having multiple issues with these books so far, and yet, I'm still mildly fascinated with them…It definitely has to be due to the f*cked up world they are set in.   It's an oddly engrossing and a disturbingly titillating prospective world that they have created here.  It could also be due to the fact that they leave the reader completely hanging at the end of each book, some serious cliffhangers going on here.

The little facts of animals sex lives and courtship rituals at the beginning of each chapter, always kept me going and laughing throughout, like this little gem...

"Female hyenas have a clitoris that's so long it's sometimes mistaken for a penis"

...these were by far the best part about this book.  They made Jackal and Phoenix's story infinitely more appealing.  I wonder, though, if the Authors added these because of the play on names (Jackal? Phoenix?)...maybe so...either way, I loved them.

Honestly, though, the writing is not up to par with what I've read from Tarryn Fisher so far.  It's almost as if they tried to keep each book in the series as short as possible, so they've streamlined the stories to the bare essentials because both stories so far have left me feeling like something is missing from them.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 3.5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 2.5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 3.5/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 3/5 Cliffhanger~ Yeah, and then some…

Book Cover~ Meh…

Series~ The End Men #2

Setting~ Blue Region & some Red

Source~ Kindle eBook (KU)