Into the Light (The Light Series) - Aleatha Romig

~BOOK BLURB~

Into The Light

Aleatha Romig

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sara Adams awakes blind, unable to remember the most basic details of her life, but her darkness seems a blessing when she discovers the terrors of The Light.

Stella Montgomery investigates the news on the mean streets of Detroit, where she’s noticed a disturbing trend: young women are vanishing. When her best friend disappears, Stella investigates—despite warnings from her police detective boyfriend—following a twisted trail that leads her through the city’s most dangerous and forsaken precincts. There she uncovers something more sinister than she could have imagined: a shadowy organization known as The Light, led by the enigmatic Father Gabriel.

As Sara struggles to understand her place in the strange world she’s awakened to—an oppressive cult demanding unquestioning obedience—and her feelings for Jacob, the husband she can’t recall and whose harsh and tender attentions confuse and beguile her, Stella risks all to discover the truth. But enlightenment always comes with a price…

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thrilling and unputdownable ride teeming with twists and turns, especially at the end. With one I suspected and another one that blew me away.  My only complaint is overly explicit sex scenes, they were awkward to listen to with where the story was.   I could have been happier if they were just mentioned, instead.  I know this Author writes those types of stories…it just had such a dynamic plotline, it didn't need them.  Overall, this was really addicting and I immediately dived into the second book…because OMG, that was one hella cliffhanger.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4.8/5 Cliffhanger~ YES! A hella cliffhanger…

Book Cover~ It's Okay

Narration~ 5 for Erin DeWard, Kevin T. Collins & Noah Michael Levine, the different narrators set this story apart.

Series~ The Light #1

Setting~ Detroit Area and Alaska

Source~ Audiobook (KU Read & Listen)