A Geek Girl's Guide to Murder - Julie Anne Lindsey

~BOOK BLURB~

A Geek Girl's Guide to Murder

Julie Ann Lindsey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT manager Mia Connors is up to her tortoiseshell glasses in technical drama when a glitch in the Horseshoe Falls email system disrupts security and sends errant messages to residents of the gated community. The snafu's timing couldn't be worse—Renaissance Faire season is in full swing and Mia's family's business relies on her presence.

Mia doesn't have time to hunt down a computer hacker. Her best friend has disappeared, and she finds another of her friends murdered—in her office. When the hunky new head of Horseshoe Falls security identifies Mia as the prime suspect, her anxiety level registers on the Richter scale.

Eager to clear her name, Mia moves into action to locate her missing buddy and find out who killed their friend. But her quick tongue gets her into trouble with more than the new head of security. When Mia begins receiving threats, the killer makes it clear that he's closer than she'd ever imagined.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cozy Mysteries are not really my cuppa…and I'm probably not the best one to judge this type of book.  But overall this ended up being not so bad.  The first half did kind of drag and did feel a little too sickly sweet…but once the mystery started getting closer to being solved, I started getting into it more.  I even lol'd a few times.  I can see why others would like this genre of mystery…it's probably perfect for someone who doesn't like a lot of graphic gore and sexy type scenes.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Addictiveness~ 2.8/5

Theme or Tone~ 4.3/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 3/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 3.5/5

Ending~ 3.8/5 Cliffhanger~ a "to be continued"…

Book Cover~ I like it.

Series~ Geek Girl Mysteries #1

Setting~ Horseshoe Falls

Source~ Kindle eBook (Library)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used this for Cozy Mystery Square in Halloween Bingo (Duh...)