Mud Vein - Tarryn Fisher

~BOOK BLURB~

Mud Vein

Tarryn Fisher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken. If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat... and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have loved some of Tarryn Fisher's Stories because they are not like anything else you've ever read.  I'm not sure I was able to grasp all the subtle nuances of this complex story, not enough for me to love it, at least, but that's not to say that I wasn't moved by it.  I have read somewhere that this story means a lot to Fisher and I am curious as to the why especially now that I've read/listened to it.

I will say that this was nothing like I thought it was going to be…I thought I had it pegged from the cover and from reading other posted reviews.  But, no.  I was wrong.  Senna is not so much unlikable, as she is distant.  She is an anomaly and she has been taken by someone…this is her story about love and survival.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4/5 Cliffhanger~ No…definitely not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~  a little risqué…but it goes well with the story.

Narration~ 5 for Simone Lewis, like all the narrators for this Authors stories are…she was perfect for this story.

Setting~ Seattle and Alaska