A Killer's Mind - Mike Omer

~BOOK BLURB~

A Killer's Mind

Mike Omer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three Chicago women have been found strangled, embalmed, and posed as if still alive. Doubting the findings of the local PD’s profiler, The FBI calls on forensic psychologist Zoe Bentley to investigate.

Zoe quickly gets off on the wrong foot with her new partner, Special Agent Tatum Gray. Zoe’s a hunter, intense and focused; Tatum’s a smug maverick with little respect for the rules. Together, they must descend into a serial killer’s psyche and untangle his twisted fantasies, or more women will die. But when the contents of three inconspicuous envelopes reveal a chilling connection to gruesome murders from Zoe’s childhood, suddenly the hunter becomes the hunted.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Killer's Mind is morbidly fascinating and generally creepy.  Compulsively readable, or listenable, I couldn't put it down.  I had some issues with the way some elements played out and some minor believability issues, but nothing too major.  I got this book as a Kindle First and bought the narration and it was totally worth it.  I really like stories about Profilers, I find the whole process quite intriguing.  Narration by Brittany Pressley was very well done…I liked the way she did Zoe's accent, making it more pronounced when she was agitated.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4.5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~4.5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~4/5

Originality~ 4/5

Ending~ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger~ Sort of…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's eye-catching…

Narration~ 4.5 for Brittany Pressley. 4 for overall because I believe this would have been top notch if they had a male voice for the male pov's.

Series~ Zoe Bentley Mystery