An Anonymous Girl - Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen

~BOOK BLURB~

An Anonymous Girl

Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeking women ages 18–32 to participate in a study on ethics and morality. Generous compensation. Anonymity guaranteed.

When Jessica Farris signs up for a psychology study conducted by the mysterious Dr. Shields, she thinks all she’ll have to do is answer a few questions, collect her money, and leave. But as the questions grow more and more intense and invasive and the sessions become outings where Jess is told what to wear and how to act, she begins to feel as though Dr. Shields may know what she’s thinking…and what she’s hiding. As Jess’s paranoia grows, it becomes clear that she can no longer trust what in her life is real, and what is one of Dr. Shields’ manipulative experiments. Caught in a web of deceit and jealousy, Jess quickly learns that some obsessions can be deadly.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was slow-building psychological suspense…that didn't have me hooked until the last 1/3 of the book.  At that point, everything starting clicking together and then...the sh*t hit-the-fan.  I have to say…I thought this was going to disappoint me just like The Wife Between Us did, but by the end, I was pleasantly surprised.

An Anonymous Girl is a smartly written and cleverly plotted novel.  With decidedly flawed characters and an interesting storyline.  I recommend to anyone who likes a slow build-up to an intense ending.  Sadly though, you may have to wait until it comes out in January 2019.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4.7/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's nothing special…

Setting~ New York City