Wayward (The Wayward Pines Series, Book Two) - Blake Crouch

~SERIES BLURB~

Wayward Pines

Blake Crouch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The plot surrounds Secret Service agent Ethan Burke's introduction to the remote small town of Wayward Pines, his new home from which he cannot escape. The mysteries and horrors of the town build until Ethan discovers its secret. Then he must do his part to keep Wayward Pines protected from without and within.

~MY QUICKIE (non-spoiler) REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the type of story that you should go into blind…or at least semi-blind.  So I won't say anything about the plot itself.  I was completely absorbed in this audiobook, other than the beginning where I struggled to remember what happened at the end of Pines, I eventually fell into the story and started remembering.  If you decide to read this series...don't watch the TV show, after finishing the first book, I watched about an episode and a half and it has differences in how things play out, that only confused me when I started this book.  What a crazy-scary AF atmosphere that Blake Crouch has masterminded here in this series.  I cannot wait to listen to the third and final book in this series.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4.5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.7/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger~ Yeah…you could say that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's fitting…

Narration~5 for Paul Michael Garcia, he is perfect in this series.

Series~ Wayward Pines #2