Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon - Mary Fan

Iron Dragons
Splash of Romance
Stand-Alone
With Audio Performed by Emily Woo Zeller

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)

MY RATING 2.5STARS - GRADE= D+

MY THOUGHTS⇢

I wanted to like this, but it just never grabbed me, I liked the idea of the story more than the actual story. It had many elements including mechanical dragons, that never really came to life for me. Fantasy lovers who are tired of the same old cliched romance might like this because, while it has a splash of romance, it doesn't overshadow the story at all; and only comes into play towards the end.

I think the biggest reason I couldn't get into this was Emily Woo Zeller's narration. Her voices were altogether too whispery, gruff or high-pitched squeaky, like make your ears pop kind of squeaky. That is the reason I listened to this at a speed of 1.65. Which in turn made it difficult to follow the action scenes, although they could have been written in a way that was difficult to follow as well. Sadly, I just didn't care that much to find out.

THE BREAKDOWN⇢

Theme or Tone⇢ 3/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇢ 2.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇢ 2.5/5
Originality⇢ 2/5
Ending⇢ 2.5/5 Cliffhanger⇢ Nah...
_____

Book Cover⇢ Hey, it has a Dragon on it, and I've needed one of those for a Reading Challenge for forever now.
Setting⇢ A fantastical realm with a name I more than likely missed...and I'm not sure how it would've been spelled, anyway.
Source⇢ Audiobook (Library)