Promise Me Darkness  - Paige Weaver

Synopsis:

"He was my darkness and I was his light. We couldn't exist without each other."

For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn't drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect.

But that was about to change.

Ryder Delaney was the one imperfection in my life. He was the bad boy, the black sheep, the one your mother always warned you about. He had only one hard-and-fast rule - Don't fall in love.

But some rules were meant to be broken.

We were best friends, inseparable since childhood despite our differences. I knew the real man hiding behind the tattoos and bad attitude. He knew all my secrets and dreams. But he didn't know there was one thing I wanted and couldn't have...him.

But sometimes Fate has a way of intervening. Soon our world collapsed. War erupted. Darkness prevailed. Alone and on the run, our only goal was to survive and to ignore the feelings we had for each other. But love is powerful...

and so is the darkness.

I have read another EMP story and I really enjoyed that one, and when I read the synopsis for this story, EMP plus romance plus whatever is going to happen in second book (which I cannot wait to read), and I thought mmhmmm this is my kind of stroy. This story flowed right off the pages, and I read it in record time, two days and I was finished (that's really fast for me). I think this is her first book, and you would never know it. I love Maddie and Ryder, plus I really liked the secondary characters too.

I loved Promise Me Darkness and it is in my favorites now!

16+ for some sexual situations.