Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson

This was such an awesome read, it was not the least bit predictable, just satisfyingly good.  This book has it all...great characters in a dysotopian/sci-fi novel with a titch of romance (a very small titch; and I wouldn't mind seeing more in future books) and some awesome gadgets thrown in with some great action scenes, and super-human villians. Best of all, I didn't see that end coming at all...Freaking Fantastic!

I really loved David and his quest for revenge and the perfect metaphor:

"But even a ninety-year-old blind priest would stop and stare at this woman. If he weren’t blind, that is. Dumb metaphor, I thought. I’ll have to work on that one. I have trouble with metaphors."

"We were like deaf people trying to dance to a beat we couldn’t hear, long after the music actually stopped. Or … wait. I don’t know what that actually was supposed to mean."

Well, he does keep trying, you have to give him credit for that...

resist

Now I just have to wait until Fall of 2014...When the battle for mankind continues in Firefight.