Leah's Bookish Obsession

Leah's Bookish Obsession

I'm a work in progress, I think I'll always be...

Spoiler-free, and smaller, pocket-sized reviews.

All my ratings start at 5 Stars and go down from there.  Because every book deserves to start out at the top.

Review
5 Stars
Simply Fierce...
Promise Me Light - Paige Weaver

Synopsis:

"I'm darkness, Maddie. Stay away from men like me. You'll only get hurt."

At one time my life was simple. Easy. But that was before the war. Now I was no longer an average college student. I was a survivor. A woman living in a ravaged world. My future was not bright and my life was far from perfect. The war had taken so much from me... but it wasn't finished yet. It wanted more. It wanted my heart. My soul. The one person I couldn't live without. It wanted Ryder Delaney. My best friend. The bad boy. The one person who could fight like no other and love me like no one else. He was the father of my baby. I watched him walk away one hot summer day and I prayed he would return. I needed him like I needed air to breathe and water to drink. Without him I was lost. A light without her darkness. Until he returns, I'll wait for him. And I believe he will return because love is powerful... And so is the light calling him home.

This world in the Promise Me series is fierce...It is overwhelming to think of something like this happening in real life.  It's peculiar that I even like these types of stories because I am fairly certain that I wouldn't be among the survivors of any variety of apocalypse/end-of-the-world-scenario if they were to actually come about.  I have read quite a few them though and enjoyed them, actually enthralled would a better word for it.  Maybe, it's like seeing an accident on the side of the road, whereas you don't really want to see it but you can't seem to look away.

Ryder is fierce and Maddie is fierce and so is their love for each other.  They are both so stubborn, but I think that personality trait is in all the great hero's and heroine's.

I loved both books, and all the characters in them.  All in all it is an awesome read... (Someone in another review said they would like to read more in this series, namely Cash's story, I just want to say...I second that.)

Discussion