Knifepoint - Edward W. Robertson

Synopsis:

Raina was just a girl when the plague came. She survived. Her parents didn't. Neither did the world. As civilization fell, she took to the ruins of Los Angeles, eating whatever she could catch.

After two years alone, she's found and adopted by a fisherman and his wife. Their makeshift family lives a quiet life--until a man named Karslaw sails in from Catalina Island with an army of conquerors. Driven by visions of empire, he executes Raina's new father as a traitor and takes her mother captive.

But Karslaw's people aren't the only ones vying for control of the ruined land. As violence wracks the city, Raina joins a rebellion against Karslaw's rule. She will stop at nothing to free her mother--and to have her revenge.

Knifepoint left me wanting more, I kept expecting to hear more about Raymond, possibly Mia (you left her fate kind of up in the air) and Tristan.  Maybe you are going to write more to this series, and I will get my wish then.  This entire story focused mostly on Walt, and in the first book, Breakers; I didn't really like him at first, he got more likable towards the end.  In Knifepoint, I liked him more though.  I liked Raina alot, is she suppose to be the girl that Raymond has a small run in with in Breakers (I think it was at a church)?

All in all this was an entertaining read just could have used more polished writing, with less typo's. I give the whole series a rating of 4 out 5 stars.

This is 15+ for some adult content.

Turns out there is another one, it's called "Reapers"