Scars and Songs - Christine Zolendz

Synopsis:

Shane Maxton is front man for New York City’s popular rock band, Mad World. But he has secrets; he’s not what everybody thinks he is.

He comes from an ancient world, from a different time, when angels walked among men.
Read the story, through Shane’s eyes, of his forbidden love, his fall from grace and his inner turmoil from living with the irrational emotions of being human.

Disclaimer #1: This is the story of Mad World Books 1 & 2, Fall From Grace and Saving Grace, written through the point of view of Shane Maxton.
IT IS THE SAME Love STORY of Grace and Shane. It’s just Shane’s turn to tell it to you, it’s everything you’ve read before and a whole lot more.
Disclaimer #2: This story contains rock and roll, angels doing naughty things, violence, cursing, drinking alcohol, substance abuse, sexual situations, and irritating scenes that will make you want to hurl your eReader or book out the window. It’s not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.

I think I am a sucker for Rockstar's, possibly anyway...but first I have to tell you about my most favorite character in a book ever, and she is not even one of the main characters in this book; her name is Lea and she is so hysterical.  The things that come out of this chicks mouth, just made me laugh and loud, seriously out loud.  This is a one of my favorite quotes of hers...

"There are five levels of the douche hierarchy: douche, douche bag, douche canoe, douche nozzle and right at the top, the king of it all, when the douche is displaying phenomenal amounts of doucheness, is a douche rocket. It’s when someone is such a douche, like the KING of douches, they can no longer be described as a douche nozzle, they are ALL the levels of douchery put together, and douche rocket is used." ---That's only a sample of some of what she says...but I forgot to highlight them, so just read the book all ready!

The story from Shane's POV is extremely wonderful, he really is an awesome guy. There is also additional story that is not in Saving Grace, and there is an epilogue too.