Unravel - Calia Read

This book starts after the fact (the climax of the story) and takes you through how they got to "there";  sometimes going back 10 years or more.  It is the story of a girl, Naomi and the truly fucked up life she has.

I actually deliberated between four stars and five stars for this book, because while it seemed like it had some holes in it, I was completely absorbed by the story, because I needed to see if my theories were correct.  Which, predominately they were.

I believe some people may see that as a unfavorable, but I think it compelled me to read even faster.  So that is how I came up with my five star rating.

There are some excellent quotes in this book...

"Even when you're angry, love tugs at your soul in the most painful way.  It makes you care-makes you feel-when that's the last thing you want."

"Sex.

Love.

Fucking.

Call it what you want but they are all the same.  Each one requires you to give a piece of youself that you can never get back.

But with the right person, everything will align perfectly.  The world stops turning on it's axis, time slows and you realize that while your're losing a piece of yourself, you're also gaining something in return.  What they give you fits you just right."

Just a warning; there is some explicit sex scenes, and at least one that is a rape in this story.