These Broken Stars - Johnathan McClain, Cynthia Holloway, Meagan Spooner, Amie Kaufman

--These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner

This book was science fiction, but with terminology you could understand. It is a story about survival with some paranormal-ish elements thrown in to it as well.  There is also a love story.  It's a story about a girl who is rich and spoiled on the surface but if you dig deeper you'll see she is so much more than that, and about a boy who is genuinely brave yet afraid to let himself love this girl.

I was constantly reminded of Lost (the TV show) while reading this, it had the same kind of "what the frick is going on" kind of feel to it.  Mysterious island versus mysterious planet.  I will say though, that I like the ending of These Broken Stars more than I did Lost.

It is sweet and endearing, and it has all the elements of why I love YA.  I listened to it on audio and I really did not like the girl who read Lilac's part.  She was awful at sounding male.  This is why I deducted a half a star.

The next installment of the "Starbound Trilogy" titled The Shattered World is about a completely new set of characters, for which I am happy.  I like that I don't have to worry that Tarver and Lilac will end up torn apart somehow.

Found this on tumblr and thought it evoked what this book is about very well.  Holland Roden would be a perfect Lilac.  Alexander Koch is similar to what I pictured Tarver to look like, and it would be nice to see him play someone who's not sort of psycho (like his character on "Under the Dome").

thesebroke