Uninvited  - Sophie Jordan

― Sophie Jordan, Uninvited

Synopsis:

When Davy Hamilton's tests come back positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS)-aka the kill gene-she loses everything. Her boyfriend ditches her, her parents are scared of her, and she can forget about her bright future at Juilliard. Davy doesn't feel any different, but genes don't lie. One day she will kill someone.

Only Sean, a fellow HTS carrier, can relate to her new life. Davy wants to trust him; maybe he's not as dangerous as he seems. Or maybe Davy is just as deadly.

The first in a two-book series, Uninvited tackles intriguing questions about free will, identity, and human nature. Steeped in New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan's trademark mix of gripping action and breathless romance.

I enjoyed this book immensely.  It had me hooked by the end of the first chapter with that last sentence.

"You have the kill gene."

From there it took off and didn't let up.  I could barely put it down.  The story is so intriguing because you can see this happening in the near future.  What, with all the mass killings that happen lately, I'm sure somewhere scientists are studying DNA for common factors right now.  Everything that happens in this book is easily imagined.  This is the first book by Sophie Jordan that I have read, but certainly not the last.