Tear Asunder:  Bonus Edition - Nashoda Rose

--Nashoda Rose, Torn From You

Bonus Issue includes novella "With You", novel "Torn from You" and a Logan POV scene extra.

Synopsis:

"With You"

Sculpt is an illegal fighter.

He’s also the lead singer of a local rock band.

No one knows his real name.

And from the moment I met him, he made me forget mine.

In order to convince Sculpt to give me self-defense lessons, I had to follow his one rule—no complaining or he’d walk. I didn’t think it would be a problem. I could handle a few bruises. What I hadn’t anticipated was landing on my back with Sculpt on top of me and my entire body burning up for him.

I tried to ignore it.

I failed of course. And having a hot, tattooed badass on top of me week after week, acting completely immune to what he was doing to my body—it was frustrating as hell, so I broke his rule—I complained.

Then he kissed me.

"Torn from You"

Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet.

Then it all shattered.

Kidnapped.
Starved.
Beaten.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong.

I really enjoyed the short novella "With You", it was intoxicating and I flew through it in no time at all.

Then It ended and "Torn From You" ensued from there and so did the sick feeling in my stomach that made it...hard to read.  I was confused and unhappy with the way things were going.  I've read other books similar to this and got through them and ultimately loved them because of the range of emotions they evoked.  This felt like it was going "nowhere good" and I struggled to hang in there for the silver lining.  It did eventually get there and I didn't see it coming, "the how", that is.

In the end, it was only a four star read for me.  I really liked it, I just didn't love it.