Unbreakable - Rebecca Shea

--Rebecca Shea, Unbreakable.

Synopsis:

Jessica Harper is the epitome of perfection. She’s a good daughter, makes excellent grades, and always strays on the safe side of life. The last thing she thought would ever happen was falling in love with her best friend’s brother. But sometimes fate just has a way of bringing two people together.

Wide receiver for the University of Arizona, Gabe Garcia, seems to have it all. When his feelings for Jessica come to surface, Gabe will give up everything to be with her.

But what happens when a tragedy abruptly changes the course of your life? For Jessica and Gabe, everything they thought they knew about each other will be questioned. Sometimes, there are scars in life that are cut too deep to completely heal.

Will their love prove to be unbreakable, or will it shatter and prove fate is just another lie?

I was bored to tears with the first 40% of this book.  I did a lot of skimming.  It was a struggle to keep reading it and I was just waiting for the "tragedy" to happen, because I thought it would get better than, but even that was anti-climatic.  Jessica is one the most boring characters ever.  She is perfect in every way, until the tragedy happens and than she actually gets interesting.  I was going to only give it 2, maybe 2 and 1/2 stars until Landon came along, I loved Landon, enough to bump it up to 3 and 1/2 stars.

Landon has his own story, that is out now called Undone, I think I might give this one a try...maybe.