Brazos Bride - Caroline Clemmons

Synopsis:

Hope Montoya knows someone is poisoning her, but who? She suspects her mother was also poisoned and knows her father was murdered. Who wants her family eliminated? She vows to fight! She realizes she won’t last the eight months until she turns twenty-five and her uncle no longer controls her or her estate. Never will she be dominated by a man as she was by her father, as she has seen her mother and grandmothers dominated. If she marries, she gains control now, but only if she weds a man she can trust. Only one man meets her requirements. Can she trust him to protect her and capture the killer...but then to leave?

Micah Stone has been in love with Hope since the first time he saw her. But he was accused of her father’s murder and surely would have hung if not for his two brothers’ aid. Most in the community still believe him guilty. But the drought has him too worried about water for his dying cattle to care about his neighbors’ opinions. When Hope proposes a paper marriage in exchange for land on the Brazos River and much needed cash, her offer rubs his pride raw. His name may be Stone, but he’s not made of it. He can’t refuse her for long, and so their adventure begins.

This is the first historical western romance I have read in a while.  I use to only read historical romances, but then I branched out...I think it was after Jurassic Park (the movie) came out and I loved the it so much that I decided to read the book, then I started reading all kinds of genre's.  Anywhere from John Grisham to Suzanne Brockmann.  When Twilight came out, I started reading Paranormal/Fantasy and now since The Hunger Games came out,  I read a lot of Apocalyptic/Dystopian.  I'm rambling now...so back to this book.

Brazos Bride made me realize I still really like historical romances.  You always know there will be HEA at the end.

I had decided to give this 4 stars, until the ending.  It was a little too corny for me, so I deducted a half a star.  There were also a lot of "digital errors" in this book, especially towards the end.