Amped - Daniel H Wilson, Robbie Daymond

--Daniel H. Wilson.

Synopsis:

In Amped, people are implanted with a device that makes them capable of superhuman feats. The powerful technology has profound consequences for society, and soon a set of laws is passed that restricts the abilities—and rights—of "amplified" humans. On the day that the Supreme Court passes the first of these laws, twenty-nine-year-old Owen Gray joins the ranks of a new persecuted underclass known as "amps." Owen is forced to go on the run, desperate to reach an outpost in Oklahoma where, it is rumored, a group of the most enhanced amps may be about to change the world—or destroy it.

Once again, Daniel H. Wilson's background as a scientist serves him well in this technologically savvy thriller that delivers first-rate entertainment, as Wilson takes the "what if" question in entirely unexpected directions. Fans of Robopocalypse are sure to be delighted, and legions of new fans will want to get "amped" this summer.

I listened to this on Audio and I will give the narrator, Robbie Daymond five stars because he was very pleasant to listen to.

This is Science Fiction that is easy for anyone to comprehend, even if you only read this genre some of the time.  It wasn't too high techy.  Daniel H Wilson throws out some quotes that will make you think about human nature and how we all 'fit in' in this world.

There is a lack of female characters in this book, I think there is like two through the whole story.  There is a really tiny 'splash' of romance, so if sci-fi with a romance is what your looking for then this might not be the book for you.   I would probably enjoy it more if there was more of a romantic connection to it.  I did enjoy it for the most part, but I really would have liked a better ending.  It seemed rushed and somewhat confusing to me.