The Kiss Off - Sarah Billington

--Poppy, The Kiss Off by Sarah Billington.  (It starts with the very first line...and just keeps going)

Synopsis:

WARNING: Sexual references, occassional coarse language.

When sixteen year old Poppy Douglas writes a song about her ex-boyfriend Cam and ex-friend Nikki, she has no idea that her heartbreak is about to go global.

A local band picks up her song from Youtube and soon she’s along for the ride with her own fanbase as they blow up on the local club scene and hit the international charts. Though it turns out leaving Cam behind isn’t as easy as she had hoped.

Tangled in a web of unfinished homework, ill-considered sexting and a new lead-singer boyfriend, Poppy has a choice to make between the ex that inspired it all and the rock God whose poster lines the inside of half the lockers at school. But as she struggles to keep her emotional dirty laundry private, she learns that the truth can be hard to find when your life is in the headlines.

'It' being the crazy laugh out loud moments this book has.   I really enjoyed this book, there is some sexual references but no actual sex, there is some drinking too, in which sometimes life lessons are actually learned.  In the end, I couldn't help liking Poppy and all her friends.

There is Poppy's friend Vanya...

"Maybe I don't want a boyfriend.  Maybe I like being independent, and not needy and having to make all this spare time for someone else."

...also there is her brother Bex...

"Can I have a groupie?"

...and let's not leave out...

"That penis," Dad said.  "Sorry.  I'm going to kill him.  He may be some heart throb or whatever but he has no right to treat my daughter like that?"

This was completely entertaining and I think I might actually read the second book...someday.