DENOUNCED (EXALTED: Book 2) - Tara Elizabeth

--Tara Elizabeth, Denounced

Synopsis:

Mena, an Exalted trainee, is the on the other side of a difficult choice: to leave the United Republic of the Saved with Ryker or return with Ethan and be United. Her decision changes everything . . . things she never considered. She has to overcome shocking realizations and tough challenges in the new life she has chosen. The people she thought she knew are not who she thought they were. Secrets come to light that were never meant to be known, by Exalted and citizens alike. The truth about the Republic is worse than Mena thought possible. Though she struggles, she continues on her mission to save the people of the Republic from the emotion-controlling drug called the Pump and set them free. She will do whatever she has to do for them and the people she loves.

I really like Tara Elizabeth's books, I like that they have a deeper meaning to them.  They are more than just a story...

"Is it bad to seek happiness when there are horrible things happening around us?  My life is about more than me right now, and I know that...but is it unthinkable to find enjoyment in something or someone amidst peril?  Am i less of a strong, young woman?

Mena is a terrific heroine, she is strong and way capable of kicking some ass.  Now that she is off the pump, she is feeling all kinds of emotions.  The emotions are new and confusing to her, but she is finding her way.  I hope that book 3 delves into more romance, or flirtation between Mena and Ryker.

Ryker is...well I guess I would really like to get inside Ryker's head.  I feel like somethings missing from him, and maybe that's it.

All in all this is good second book and I am looking forward to the third book.