Forgotten - Cat Patrick

--Cat Patrick, Forgotten

Synopsis:

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.

When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

I listened to this on audio with narration by Julia Whelan; (she is becoming one of my favorites) which was very well done by her.

I was expecting this to be a teenage-y love/wine fest.  Then I read a review for it, where someone said they thought it would be pretty much the same as me.  But...they said it wasn't really like that, so I gave it a try...and I liked it.

It was an interesting concept.  Kind of like the movie 50 First Dates, with a twist.  It was really engaging to see how she lived her everyday life, when she couldn't remember what happened yesterday; or last week; or last month and so on and so forth.  I'm not sure she could have pulled it off, without letting more people in on her issue, though.

There is a few things about the ending that left me feeling like I didn't get closure on the book as a whole.  I went to her website and she says it's a stand-alone book.  So...yeah, I don't know.  I really think there should be a second book.