After the End - Amy Plum

--Amy Plum, After the End.

Synopsis:

Juneau grew up fearing the outside world. The elders told her that beyond the borders of their land in the Alaskan wilderness, nuclear war had destroyed everything. But when Juneau returns from a hunting trip one day and discovers her people have been abducted, she sets off to find them. And leaving the boundaries for the very first time, she learns the horrifying truth: World War III never happened. Nothing was destroyed. Everything she'd ever been taught was a lie.

As Juneau comes to terms with an unfathomable deception, she is forced to survive in a completely foreign world, using only the skills and abilities she developed in the wild. But while she's struggling to rescue her friends and family, someone else is after her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about her secret past.

I listened to this on Audio with narration done by Emily Rankin and Graham Hamilton.  They both were quite excellent.

I was going to give this 4 Stars, until that ending...that wasn't an ending at all.  Total cliffhanger.  The whole book seems to be leading up to a certain point/the climax and then it just ends. I believe you should resolve something before you end the story and it should be something significant that gets resolved.

It is well written and the main characters are fleshed out suitably.  The synopsis is rather a mirage of sorts, but I'm cool with that.  Juneau is really deep in a philosophical way, and Miles isn't...so they balance each other out well.  I was really liking the story, up until I realized it only had 5 minutes left, and I was like...wtf!

The cover is really cool though......