Joe - H.D. Gordon

Synopsis:

From the author of the Alexa Montgomery Saga, comes a book that will take you into the mind of a genuine psychopath, the lives of six ordinary people, and the world of a very special girl named Joe.

Joe is seemingly an ordinary college student. She works, studies and reads. But in between these activities Joe has a gift that promises to add a dose of color to her life at any given moment. Joe sees things before they happen. Bad things, and the worst thing she has ever faced is just around the corner. Someone is planning a massacre at the college university that Joe attends, and the only person with a hope of stopping the psychopath is her.

Oh, the beauty of foresight. More like a curse. Joe has four days to figure out the mystery, make plans to take down the psycho, and save the lives of people. People like you and me. Ordinary people.

My Perception:

I love a good story steeped in reality with a splash of the supernatural added to it.   I have found lately that I cannot really get into a story if it is too fantastical.  This story had me hooked from the beginning, even with the 8 different POV's.

Most everyone in the story has a voice including the villain.  It was disturbing to be inside the head of "The Decider" as he refers to himself in the story.   The evilness that is portrayed is chilling.

The story is told mostly, from Joe's POV.  She is sweet and geniune, and likable.  She has a stuttering problem, and she can see certain events that will happen in the future.  Sometimes we get glimpses into her past and see what has shaped her into the girl she is now.

I read a few reviews where they said they didn't like all the different pov's and it just made it more confusing.  I feel they added to the people that you felt vested in, and consequently, enjoyed it that much more.

This is Standalone book, with a complete ending; but there is second book in Joe Knowe Series.