Archangel's Kiss  - Nalini Singh, Justine Eyre

--Nalini Singh, Archangels Kiss.  Book 2 of Guild Hunters Series.

Synopsis:

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux wakes from a year-long coma to find herself changed—an angel with wings the colors of midnight and dawn—but her fragile body needs time to heal before she can take flight. Her lover, the stunningly dangerous archangel, Raphael, is used to being in control—especially when it comes to the woman he considers his own. But Elena has never done well with authority.

They've barely begun to understand each other when Raphael receives an invitation to a ball from the archangel, Lijuan. To refuse would be a sign of fatal weakness, so Raphael must ready Elena for the flight to Beijing—and to the nightmare that awaits them there. Ancient and without conscience, Lijuan holds a power that lies with the dead. And she has organized the most perfect and most vicious of welcomes for Elena.

My Thoughts:

First off, I really wish you could just switch versions of a book in booklikes, Like Goodreads has...something that say's "use this version", because I really don't like this cover that is on the Audio version.

I did listen to this on audio with Justine Eyre doing narration.  I give her 5 stars, because she is awesome, and does other voices well.  My library where I have obtained the first two books in this series, does not have any further books of the series on audio, I'm fairly bummed about that.  So, if I want to continue with the series, I have to read them now.

This wasn't as good as the first book, it was good...but it could have used more action, it kind of lagged a bit.  The ending seemed sorta lack luster, especially compared to Angel's Blood.  It did have some shockingly morbid and cringe-worthy elements to it.  There were plenty of EWW! moments.