NOCTE (The Nocte Trilogy Book 1) - Courtney Cole

Series:  Nocte #1

Genre:  New Adult, Mindf*ck

Source:  Own on Kindle

• Plot: 4/5
  • Characters: 4.3/5 --They all give off this truly haunted vibe, that makes you very curious as to how they may have gotten that way.
  • The Feels: 4/5
  • Theme: 4/5
  • Flow: 3/5 -This could use some better editing…way better editing.
  • Backdrop (World Building): 5/5 –A Funeral home, on top of a mountain in Oregon, right next to the Ocean…creepy but beautiful.
  • Originality: 5/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: Yeah
  • Ending: 3.7/5   Cliffhanger:  YESYESYES  I wonder if the voices told her DoItDoItDoIt?

Will I continue the series?  Immediately started Verum.

My name is Calla Price. I'm eighteen years old, and I'm one half of a whole. My other half—my twin brother, my Finn—is crazy. I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I'm terrified he'll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me. I'm doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I'm drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline. Dare DuBray. He's my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I'm afraid, where I belong, where I'm lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me. He has the power to destroy me. Maybe that's ok. Because I can't seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt. Why? Because of a secret. A secret I'm so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming. You won't either.

It's hard for me to write this and not be influenced by my opinion of the second book Verum, while doing so.  But, here goes…Nocte had hooked from the beginning, I was so hooked, I couldn't wait to find out what the secret was…and then…I found out what the secret was…I was sort of numb, thinking wow, seriously, that's sort of genius.  Except for the part at the very end where you find out there's more…secrets…and this continues on my review of Verum.